Asian Hospitals Management Award, 2008 – Manila, Philippines Asian Hospitals Management Award, 2009 (Excellence Award) for its Comprehensive Paediatric Eye Care Programme, Vietnam
- FICCI Healthcare Award, 2009 for Best Community Driven Outreach Program in India’, 2009, New Delhi
- Namma Bengaluru Award, 2010 (This is an initiative of ABIDe – the awards were launched with the vision to bring individuals and institutions that have contributed to the city, in special ways)
- Sankara Eye Care Institutions, India was awarded The Tanker Award by Tamil Nadu Research Foundation and The Renny Abraham Tanker Foundation on 25th January 2009 for excellence in community service.
- Sankara Eye Care Institutions, India was recognized and declared winner of Indian NGO Award 2008 in the large NGO category on 30th March 2009 by Nand and Jeet Khemka Foundation in collaboration with the Resource Alliance.
- Sankara Eye Care Institutions, India was recognized and declared winner of Asian Hospitals Management Award 2009(Excellence Award) for its Comprehensive Paediatric Eye Care Program on 14th August 2009 in Vietnam.
- Sankara Eye Care Institutions, India won the prestigious FICCI Healthcare Award 2009 for the “Best Community Driven Outreach Program in India” on 15th September 2009, in New Delhi.
- Sankara Eye Care Institutions, India won the prestigious FICCI Healthcare Award 2010 for the “Best Community Driven Outreach Program in India” on 6th September 2010, in New Delhi.
- Sankara Eye Care Institutions India won the FICCI Healthcare Award 2011 for “Addressing Industry Issues in healthcare” on 8th September 2011, in New Delhi.
Dr. R. V. Ramani has been recognised and honored by many Institutions for his meritorious community services.
- Selected as a Group Study Exchange Team Member of Rotary International and visited USA as an Ambassador of good will in 1980.
- Outstanding young person Award of Jaycees International.
- Outstanding young Doctor Award of Jaycees International.
- Meritorious Service Award of Lions International.
- Past President of Rotary Club of Coimbatore Central, a 100% Paul Harris Fellow Club in India.
- Life time Achievement Award from Kasturba Medical College, Alumni.
- One of the Great Achievers of the year 2002 as identified by the Indian Express Daily.
- Selected by Government of India as one of the 2 working group members in the non-governmental sector for Vision 2020 Program.
- Recipient of Dr. K. S. Sanjeevini Award for outstanding medical service – 2007.
- Rotary Club of Singapore’s Award for Humanitarian Service for “Gift of Vision” project in Cambodia.
- Navajeevan Sight Savers Award, Triupatti.
- Dr. R.K. Seth Memorial Award for Community Ophthalmology – 2006.
- ‘Role Model of India’ Award by Basic Research Education and Development Society, a nonprofit organization doing yeoman service in the field of Education, Health Care etc in India.
- Mrs. P. Pattanayak Memorial Award, 2006 was presented by INDIAN ALUMNI GROUP OF ICEH, LONDON at Hyderabad on 31st Jan 2007 for his self less, devoted Community Eye Care Services.
- Vaidyarathna Award presented by Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam, Kanchipuram.
- Sankara Eye Foundation, USA award for 25 years of pioneering service in the field of community eye care.
- Sankara Eye Care Institutions were recognized and declared winner of the Asian Hospitals Management Award in Manila, the Philippines on 26th September 2008.
- Dr. R.V. Ramani had the honor and privilege of being invited to participate in the 2008 Asian Leadership Summit held in New York on 4th, 5th and 6th Nov 2008, hosted by General Electric, HSBC Bank and IBM. He was invited to speak / discuss on blindness.