Mr. Srinivasa Rao’s efforts have been recognized on the national level. In 2012 and 2013, CERDS received 6 awards: – the “Bharat Vikas Ratan Award” by the Global Society for Health and Educational Growth (a national level organization) in February 2012
– the “Glory of India Award” by the Economic and Social Development Foundation (a national organisation) in September 2012
– the “Mother Teresa Excellence Award” by the Integrated Council for Socio-Economic Progress in November 2012
– a “Lifetime Achievement Award” by the International Christian University at Bangalore, in April 2013
– the “Indira Gandhi Excellence Award” by the International Business Council at New Delhi, in December 2013.
– Further, Mr. Rao was awarded an honorary doctorate in Sociology by the Academy of Universal Global Peace at Bangalore.
There are also foreign donations that flow in, some through a few loyal donors. I was shown photographs of two foreigners’ work with CERDS, and I must say I was surprised by how much they seem to be doing in their respective individual capacities despite not being from this nation.