The Government of India has appreciated the work of SOS Children’s Villages of India and has recommended it to other child-care organization in the country to follow this pattern.
1. SOS Children’s Villages of India was awarded the National Award for Child Welfare – 2003-04 by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India for remarkable work in the field of childcare.
2. The Delhi State Government has given the “State Award for the best work done in Child Welfare by an institution” to SOS Children’s Villages of India in 1997.
3. The Award for the Best Childcare organization for the year 1998 was awarded to SOS Children’s Village Cochin by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India for its outstanding performance in Child Care.
4. The PHD Chamber Annual awards for excellence 2009, were announced and SOS Children’s Villages of India was selected under the category of outstanding contribution to Social Welfare.
5. The SOS Children’s village, Jaipur was nominated and thereafter selected for the Godfrey Phillips Bravery awards in the category of the Social Acts of Courage for its yeomen service to the society by educating children.
6. SOS Children’s Villages, India also won the S R Jindal Award in 2012, for its work for children in need.