1. Reading and recording books in various languages for their Talking Book Library for the visually impaired. Editing books after that and helping other volunteers record and edit books. This can be done on a daily/weekly basis. Depending on your time commitment, a book of appropriate length will be given to you.
Once training has been given, you could also set up the necessary softwares and do this activity out of your home; sending over final material to the Mitra Jyoti team.
They are especially in need of volunteers to record books in Kannada. So if you know anyone who is a native Kannada reader, please spread the word.
2. Help the trainers/teachers in the computer department by preparing exercises for students for practicing
3. Spoken English classes for their beneficiaries. (2 to 3 months for few hours a week)
4. Personality development and confidence building classes. (2 to 3 months for few hours a week)
5. Preparing tactile diagrams for the visually impaired and help make a mental picture in their mind.
6. Scribe for student during exam time.
8. Update database for volunteers, donors, library members and visually impaired students
9. For the more specialized volunteering, you can also help review HR policies, marketing plans, development strategy, web designing, brochure design etc